- Anything from or related to the country of India
- Inhabitants of the Asian country of India; sometimes called Asian Indians to differentiate from American Indians. See Demographics of India.
- (archaic) aboriginal people in general,
- Those aboriginal peoples of the Americas first misidentified by Christopher Columbus who thought that he had reached the East Indies.
- Some U.S Indians (used to be called Red Indians though this is now considered offensive by many groups and many non-Indians) prefer to call themselves Native Americans (alternatively American Indians); or, in Canada, First Nations. Others feel the idea of Indians (or Native Americans or First Nations) represents a Eurocentric point of view and consider themselves members of a tribe or nation, identifying only with the name of their tribe in their own native language; often this name is a word which translates as, "the people".
- People from the West Indies, most of them not aboriginal, but the descendants of slavess, are called West Indians.
- The people of the East Indies (Indonesia) used to be called East Indians
- A classic American motorcycle, once defunct, now being manufactured again. See Indian (motorcycle).
- The mascot of the Cleveland Indians baseball team in the U.S.
- Indians, a Chicago monument created by Ivan Mestrovic.
- India ink is a carbon based ink.
- Indians is the title of a play.
- Indian is a 1996 Tamil movie by Shankar starring Kamal Haasan and music composed by A.R. Rahman.
In the news
- Harbhajan confident of repeat Indian comeback
Reuters, UK -
By N.Ananthanarayanan. BANGALORE, India, Oct 9 (Reuters) - Off-spinner Harbhajan Singh is confident India will bounce back in the ...
- Car explosion in Indian Kashmir, five killed
Al-Jazeera, Qatar -
A car bomb exploded at a military convoy in India's portion of Kashmir on Saturday, killing four soldiers and a civilian and injuring 30 others, police said. ...
- Administration lets rules for collection of Indian taxes lapse
Newsday, NY -
... The Pataki administration has allowed regulations to lapse governing how the state would collect taxes on motor fuel and cigarette sales by Indian vendors to ...
- 'Indian managers have much to learn from Pakistan':
New Kerala, India -
[India News]: New Delhi, Oct 9 : Indian managers have found their Pakistani counterparts are ahead in creating jobs and fostering entrepreneurship, the Indian ...
- NDFB cease-fire offer hailed in northeastern Indian state of Assam
Xinhua, China -
9 (Xinhuanet) -- The government of northeastern Indian state of Assam hailed Saturday the decision by an influential tribal separatist group to agree to a cease ...
The term Indian can refer to: